Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Reinvention & Your Speaking Business

Question: How have you changed your speaking business in response to changing economic times?

Here's what Mace Horoff has to say:

For years, when there was money to spend, prospective clients would call me from my website to find out what I could provide for a sales meeting or sales training session. They don’t call as often as they used to, and when they do, they have a very specific problem or set of problems that they want to know if I can solve.

I have learned to force myself to insist in having a conversation with the economic buyer-- the person who controls the budget for the meeting. This person will make the money appear if I can convince him that I can solve his problem. The feasibility buyer is more concerned about spending as little as possible on a program. Thank you Alan Weiss for that approach.

Because the phone isn’t ringing as much, I have had to implement a program to reach out to my marketplace which I do with Marc LeBlanc’s approach of postcards, the top 25, and calling prospects. The business requires more marketing effort, but it’s doable and effective if you’re solving people’s problems today...and they have plenty of them!

For more on Mace, go to: www.medicalsalestraining.com

No comments:

Post a Comment